Sunday 6 June 2010

going home


I always get a bit nostalgic when I leave the United States.  I have lived in the UK for almost 25 years now, but it will never actually be "home".  It is a great place to live and my roots are very deep, but still....

After eating my way through this trip, my body will be very happy to get home and back to a normal diet!  I am also looking forward to seeing my kids, Martin and Whitney, my grandson, Corbyn and my Mom.  That is not in order of preference.  Preference changes by the minute. Although it is probably Corbyn I most want to see.  He is only 16 months old and changes by the minute.  I am very curious what he is up to now!

So this is it!  I have really enjoyed doing this blog and wonder if it should end now.  It is technically still a bad summer to travel, and our travels may be over.  I don't want to say they are, maybe I will jinx this return journey!  There is still that pesky volcano to worry about, or is there?  I have heard nothing about volcanoes since we got here.  But that does not mean the problems are over. 

So I might just continue this!  Of course, being home puts more pressure on my time, so the dedication might not be the same.

Watch this space!


Man on pier who painted this littel scene.
(we bought this one)



Black Street Boyz on Santa Monica Pier
(we bought the DVD!)

Seen on Third Street Promenade
what is it?  remote controlled puppets or something else?


It is a man!  He was really good too.
(we did not buy the puppets!)


"Love the moment, and the energy of that moment will spread beyond all boundaries."  Corita Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment